Titanium dioxide naturally exists in titanium ores such as titanium ore and rutile. Its molecular structure gives it high brightness and coverage, but it must first be chemically extracted and purified
The white amorphous powder is odorless and tasteless. It is insoluble in water, hydrochloric acid, dilute sulfuric acid, ethanol and other organic solvents, but slowly soluble in hydrofluoric acid and hot concentrated sulfuric acid.
Name: Rutile, TiO2
Molecular formulation: TiO2
Molecular weight: 79.9
Product appearance: White powder.
Property: Specific gravity 4.1, chiemical property stable.
Characteristic: Zirconium and aluminum coated, good whiteness, brightness, gloss, good covering power, good dispersible power and durability, white and blue tint, good chalk resistance, outstanding pigment properties.
Color (compared with standard samples)
Not later than
Tinter reducing power(compared with standard samples)
Oil absorption (g/100g)
105 °C volatile matter
Water solubles content
1. UV-resistant material, chemical fiber, plastics, printing ink, coating;
2. Photocatalyst, self-cleaning glass, self-cleaning ceramics, antibacterial material, air purification, sewage treatment, chemical industry;
3. Cosmetics, sunscreen cream, natural white moisture protection cream, beauty and whitening cream, morning and night cream, moistening refresher, vanishing cream, skin protecting cream, face washing milk, skin milk, powder make-up;
4. Coating, printing ink, plastics, foods packing material;
5. Coating for paper-making industry: used for improving the impressionability and opacity of the paper and used for producing titanium, ferrotitanium alloy, carbide alloy etc in the metallurgical industry; 6. Astronautics industry.
There is a wide range of product application in different fields with a large different amount of dosage, from 0.5 to 8%. In general, the quantity to be added is about 1-3% for sunscreen agent, 3-5% for whitening and moisture preservation, 3-8% for ultraviolet ray resistance and 2.5% for printing ink and coating. The end user shall determine the quantity to be added through testing and make the best dosage choice for the best use.